Return to page two

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

PAGE 3 OF THE JUNE 1994 ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES

The issue included here contains the stories and not the advertisements. Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1994.  A LOT HAS CHANGED.

This issue includes
Horseshoe Canyon

Campfire Tales - June of 1994.  This issue recovered by Robert Noll, aka Sundance

Small rocks near the edge gave way and fell to the canyon floor below.  “It fit,” Sundance said with a grin.

“You guys are just plain lucky,” Sunshine groaned.

“Lucky?” Outlaw repeated with a grin.  “Guess I never thought of it that way.  Maybe we’ll name this the Lucky Ledge Trail.”

(P.S. Sunshine grounded Sundance for two weeks and would not let him go anywhere with Outlaw.  She’s still wondering where he went that day when it took all day to go to the store for a loaf of bread so we couldn’t print any pictures of him going through the Teller County Car Wash.)

Vehicle tracks on the other side of the rock meant someone had come in from the other way, so the trail obviously went through, even though the map said it didn’t.  They followed the trail for a few miles while it snaked its way into a spur canyon off North Coal Wash and eventually ended up at Swazy’s Cabin.

To get to the Lucky Ledge Trail, go to exit 129 on I-70 about thirty miles west of Green River in Utah.  Go past that exit and begin watching for a service road with a gate across it on the right side of I-70.  (If you cross the Eagle Canyon Bridge, you missed it.)  Go through the gate and take the first trail going right.  Take the next trail going left.  Watch for the big rock in the trail

Giggle, grin, chuckle.

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Click here to continue story